Welcome to Coastal Skin Surgery & Dermatology – A premier dermatology practice on Florida’s Emerald Coast devoted to providing the most advanced treatments for your skin.
Providing ONLY Fellowship-Trained Mohs Surgery to effectively treat many types of skin cancer and practicing the safest procedures and methods at our offices, giving our patients the utmost care by Board Certified Physicians. Our Board Certified Physicians use the most advanced treatment techniques available in skin care and surgery to deliver the best results possible. But what happens once you return back to your every day routine? Find out how to care for your biopsy site once you have received treatment and are released.
Post Biopsy Instructions
Change the Dressing Once Daily:
- After 24 hours, wash your hands and remove original bandage.
- Gently clean the biopsy site(s) with a gentle soap and warm water.
- Rinse with clean warm water and pat the area(s) dry with gauze or a dry cloth.
- Apply a thin layer of Vaseline ointment with a clean Q-Tip.
- Apply a clean band-aid to the area.
** If you have sutures, continue the care every day until you have them removed.
What to Expect:
- Swelling and redness may occur around the wound for several days after the biopsy.
- A low-grade fever (99.0 – 101.0 °F) may occur and can be treated with acetaminophen (Tylenol).
- Light drainage is to be expected. The draining may be white, yellow, or light green.
- Avoid hot tubs, swimming pools, and soaking in water for long periods of time.
- If bleeding occurs, apply firm constant pressure to the dressing for 30 minutes — NO peeking! If bleeding persists, please call the doctor. If you are unable to reach the doctor, go to the Emergency Room.
A Normal Healing Biopsy Site:
There may be redness at the site, but unless it is expanding or the site is increasingly sensitive, it is most likely normal healing. White or yellow in the center is also normal unless there is increasing drainage or a foul odor.
We will attempt to contact you within 2 weeks with biopsy results. If you have not heard from us after 2 weeks, please call the office at (850) 654-3376.