The 411 on Botox | Coastal Skin Surgery & Dermatology
Did you know that BOTOX® Cosmetic is the only approved treatment that temporarily improves the appearance of both moderate and severe brow and crow’s feet lines? BOTOX® is a popular, non-surgical cosmetic treatment that is administered more than 600 million times a year.
BOTOX® Cosmetic works beneath the skin’s surface by targeting the muscles engaged when you frown and squint. This treatment blocks signals from the nerves to the targeted muscles causing the area to no longer contract which results in the softening of facial wrinkles.
Here are a few things to know before undergoing the needle.
1. Schedule a Consultation. | Don’t skip the consultation. Take the time to get to know your professional and make sure you are comfortable with them and their credentials.
2. Don’t take aspirin or ibuprofen prior to treatment. | Anticoagulants reduce the ability of blood to clot resulting in bruising.
3. There is not a “best age” to start Botox treatments. | Your facial goals and expressions can help determine the best time to start Botox. Treatments can be both preventative and results driven.
4. You won’t look frozen. | Even though Botox “freezes” your muscles it does not affect all of the facial muscles used to be expressive.
5. It is temporary. | Botox is not a permanent wrinkle fix. It improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for about four months.
6. Botox is not just for women. | Botox is popular among men as well as women.
For the month of March, Coastal Skin Surgery & Dermatology is offering
$50 off a BOTOX Treatment with a minimum purchase of 30 units.
To schedule your appointment, please call 850.654.3376.