David C. Adams, M.D., FACMS
Dr. Adams attended Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania where he earned his medical degree, followed by his internship in general surgery. He then completed Dermatology Residency and Mohs Surgical Fellowship at Geisinger Medical Center in Danville, Pennsylvania. Prior to moving to the Emerald Coast, Dr. Adams proudly served as the Flight Surgeon for the United States Air Force Thunderbirds.
Dr. Adams has special interests in the diagnosis and treatment of skin cancer — helping patients at our Miramar Beach, Fort Walton Beach, and Niceville, FL office achieve renewed health. He specializes in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery. As the only Fellowship-trained Mohs Surgeon practicing between Tallahassee and Destin, he has performed over 14,000 Mohs surgical procedures. In addition, Dr. Adams practices Fraxel Laser Skin Rejuvenation. He holds medical staff privileges at both Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast and the Twin Cities Hospital.
Certifications and Affiliations
- President of the Emerald Coast Caduceus Society
- Board Certified by the American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Consulting Staff at Fort Walton Beach Medical Center
- Participating Physician of Brilliant Distinctions
- Registered iPLEDGE Provider
Education and Training
- Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania – Medical School
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ – Internship, General Surgery Residency
- Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, Pennsylvania – Residency, Dermatology, Mohs Surgical Fellowship