Cather McKay, M.D., FAAD
Cather McKay, MD, FAAD
Dr. Cather McKay is a native of Mobile, Alabama. She attended Vanderbilt University where she double majored in Molecular and Cellular Biology and Spanish. Following graduation, she spent time volunteering in a medical clinic in rural Guatemala. She went on to complete medical school at the University of Alabama School of Medicine (UAB), followed by an internship in internal medicine and dermatology residency at Tulane University.
During her training, she was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society and received a grant for research on hidradenitis suppurativa. She currently serves on the Editorial Committee of the national Women’s Dermatologic Society; and is an active member of the American Academy of Dermatology, the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and the Skin of Color Society.
Dr. McKay will be joining Coastal Skin Surgery and Dermatology in September of 2020 and will work in the Fort Walton Beach location. Dr. McKay spent years away for her education and is happy to come to the Gulf Coast area along with her husband Jack and dog Taco. She enjoys establishing long-term patient relationships to meet all skin care needs. She specializes in medical, cosmetic, and surgical dermatology, for children and adults.
Languages spoken: English and Spanish
Certifications and Affiliations
- Certifications and Affliations:
- Board Certified by the American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Women’s Dermatologic Society, Editorial Committee Member
- Skin of Color Society, Patient Education Committee Member
- Member of the American Academy of Dermatologic Society
- Registered iPLEDGE Provider
Education and Training
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN- Bachelor’s degree (Molecular and Cellular Biology, Spanish)
- University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL- Medical degree
- Tulane Medical Center, New Orleans, LA- Internal Medicine Internship and Dermatology Residency
- Tulane Medical Center, New Orleans, LA- Served as Chief Resident of Education