This role requires the individual to be an energized team member who has extensive medical accounts receivable background. This person will be a full-time, goal-oriented, revenue-driven, highly accurate and motivated biller with a minimum of 2 years medical billing experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Claims submission to various insurance companies.
- Post payments and adjustments.
- Respond to account and billing inquiries from patients, insurance companies and office staff.
- Follow up on claim status and management of account balances.
- Review and appeal unpaid and denied claims accordingly.
- Audit payments for correct contractual payments and adjustments.
- Research credit balances submitting for refunds when appropriate.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices.
- Extensive knowledge of Medicare and other third-party procedures, payer websites, ICD-9, ICD-10, and CPT coding.
- Thorough knowledge of insurance billing to include EOB’s, insurance verification and managed care authorizations.
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Electronic Medical Records and Practice Management software is preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently but also work effectively with others as a team to accomplish objectives and goals.
- Demonstrated self-motivation, initiative, and time management skills.
- Responsible use of confidential information and compliance with policies and procedures.
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills.
We offer an excellent Benefits package and competitive compensation .
Job Type: Full-time
Office Location: Miramar Beach